Lastnight I took the kids to church for their Awanna Club meeting-the kids had everything their normal Sunday night routine calls for. We come home, bathed the kids and put them to bed for the night. Normal, right?
This morning I went in to wake up Evelyn and poor baby's face was swollen! My first thought was outside allergies (since they do play outside) but as time went on and she refused to eat breakfast I knew something was off. i picked up the phone and called Central Appointments to try and get her in. Of course, being Monday, they were booked, so all they could offer was a trip to the downtown ER. I drove to Don's work, thinking maybe, just maybe I'm overreacting. Don met me outside and took one look at Evelyn and said 'I'll take her to the ER' Evelyn's eyes were almost swollen shut. They were open, but she had to tilt her head all the way back just to see out the bottom of her eys. Her mouth was swollen and she had red splotches all over her face. She didn't look good, esp for Don to think she needed to go.
So Don and Evelyn head off to the ER. Thankfully there was no wait (or was it that Evelyn's face was swollen she bumped everyone else down the list of priority? I don't know) The Dr takes one look at her and says that something is triggering the swelling. What did she eat in the last 24 hours? We *suspect* Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies was the unusual culprit to this reaction. The Dr continued to check her over and finds that Evelyn has a right ear infection. He looks over her body and asks Don what the rashes are, and says its from her scratching her skin raw. So, this wonderful, caring Dr gives Evelyn some meds for the ear infection and an antihistamine to help her from scratching.
When Don and Evelyn get home Evelyn holds up her hands and says 'Momma I just don't feel good' So our plan is to lay low at the house and give her body rest.
We have an appointment Oct 20 to see the allergist, and then start the allergy testing. Poor baby, I know she's itching, and its hard to not scratch, but she is a trooper!
This morning I went in to wake up Evelyn and poor baby's face was swollen! My first thought was outside allergies (since they do play outside) but as time went on and she refused to eat breakfast I knew something was off. i picked up the phone and called Central Appointments to try and get her in. Of course, being Monday, they were booked, so all they could offer was a trip to the downtown ER. I drove to Don's work, thinking maybe, just maybe I'm overreacting. Don met me outside and took one look at Evelyn and said 'I'll take her to the ER' Evelyn's eyes were almost swollen shut. They were open, but she had to tilt her head all the way back just to see out the bottom of her eys. Her mouth was swollen and she had red splotches all over her face. She didn't look good, esp for Don to think she needed to go.
So Don and Evelyn head off to the ER. Thankfully there was no wait (or was it that Evelyn's face was swollen she bumped everyone else down the list of priority? I don't know) The Dr takes one look at her and says that something is triggering the swelling. What did she eat in the last 24 hours? We *suspect* Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies was the unusual culprit to this reaction. The Dr continued to check her over and finds that Evelyn has a right ear infection. He looks over her body and asks Don what the rashes are, and says its from her scratching her skin raw. So, this wonderful, caring Dr gives Evelyn some meds for the ear infection and an antihistamine to help her from scratching.
When Don and Evelyn get home Evelyn holds up her hands and says 'Momma I just don't feel good' So our plan is to lay low at the house and give her body rest.
We have an appointment Oct 20 to see the allergist, and then start the allergy testing. Poor baby, I know she's itching, and its hard to not scratch, but she is a trooper!
2 comments:
Oh Poor Evelyn :( I sure hope that when you see the allergist they can find some answers for her so she can have some relief. what a weight that would lift off all of you! Her most of all. Praying for you all. Hope the week gets better.
Poor baby!
I'll be praying for her.....
We've been dealing with our own problem too. I think Mattea has whooping cough. It's been a really rough 2 weeks. It's like having a newborn baby all over again since we are sleeping every 2-3 hours getting up with her.
Post a Comment