Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rain, Rain and Now Hurricane Ike

It has rained for the past two days. The Evelyn and Joslyn have been cooped up inside (minus the trip to the store and to get Dylan and Brooklyn from school) and at school the students haven't been able to go outside and get out their built up energy. I've talked to the teachers, everyone is ready for it to dry up so the kids can go outside and R-U-N.

I've been watching Hurricane Ike. Once these storms hit the Gulf of Mexico they tend to get really strong. I hate to see that another is hitting Tx, no one ever wants to brace for multiple hurricanes in a hurricane season (though we all know it happens) The projected path shows Ike making its way to us this weekend. The weatherman is expecting 10 inches of rain....add that to the rain we've had for the past two days the Texoma area is now bracing for another flood (this will be the 3rd flood for us, the worst being last summer)

Whenever it's raining out I'll ask the kids 'Who brings the rain?' and they'll reply 'God brings the rain to water the plants and grass.' and then they end it with 'We should always be thankful for what God brings us' talk about soaking in what their Sunday School lesson(s) are about!

0 comments: