I'm not a runner. I've tried, believe me, I've tried. My short little legs work so hard and just can't keep up with anyone. My husband who is all leg won't slow down enough for me to run with him so I end up running by myself, which I hate to do. So, I've decided I'm going to walk, and I've done pretty well at staying with it. Since starting I walk six days a week, and 3 miles is my minimum. I alternate between 3,4 or 5 miles a day, and believe it or not, I get quite the workout. If I stick with my routine I should have 60 miles walked in two weeks....I'm impressed, 60 miles is alot of walking.
Since I always have a child or two (or three, or four) it's not often that I get away and have peace and quiet. I use my walking time for my 'me time' I love to walk and think, or talk to God. I especially love that I can look out at the blue sky and see green fields, and in a not too far distance I see a church. When I first noticed this church I thought, God is REALLY never far away. Some days airplanes are taking off (either Air Force or civilian planes) so it's not always quiet, but it's ok-I'm outside and excersizing. I've done pretty well at making it a priority to get out and walk.....until today.
Today I'm tired. I had Joslyn's Dr apmt, then a maintenance man came to work on the house, then lunch time, then some errands, then nap time. Before I knew it school was about to let out and I needed to go and get the older two from school. Not long after Don walks in the door and before I know it everyone is saying they're ready to eat (I feel like I just fed everyone!) So by the time dinner was done, and we've picked up from our day and gave the kids their baths I'm just so T-I-R-E-D. I'm not going to do any more today.
Tomorrow the maintenance man is coming back to finish so I've made it a point to stay at home and relax, and then when Don comes home from work I'll be off to walk not only today's missed walk but my normal walk as well. I wonder how many miles I can have walked in an entire month!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Walking, Walking and More Walking!
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 7:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment