Today I want to lift up my family, esp my sister Jennifer, her husband, Brett and their children: Megan, Matthew, Madden, Madeline, Myles, Mattea and Mason.
Eight years ago today there was a tragic accident, and Matthew was called home to heaven. Though I still struggle with the 'why' of everything I am comforted that one day Jennifer and her family will be reunited with Matthew.
A very close group of ladies aka 'My Girls' gathered yesterday to pray. One of the ladies read Matthew 11:28 aloud (how fitting that the Scripture came from Matthew?!) It reads:
Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest in your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Mom, Dad, Jennifer and Brett, I know this day is hard on all of us. I pray that peace surrounds you today, and maybe if you find yourself looking up into the sky you can smile when you think of Matthew, and the tears that we cry will be tears of the celebration of Matthew's life.
Thinking, and praying for all of you......
Monday, September 15, 2008
Today We Remember Matthew
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 12:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks Stephanie!
I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers.
I will post my thoughts on Matthew's anniversary hopefully in the next couple of days. (we have been busy---really busy)
I am really enjoying your Blog! Helps me feel close and connected since we are so far apart.
Post a Comment