on September 11, 2001?
I remember everything about that day.
Don and I barely married 6 months. He was at Hurlburt Field, and I was still working at the Credit Union. I remember walking in and clocking in, and turning and glimpsing at the TV in the lounge. I saw the tower with smoke coming out of it. I honestly didn't give it a second thought. I got to my desk and a co worker came to her desk, sat down and cried. I asked her if everything was ok, and she said her father was on an airplane in NYC. She didn't know if her father was on that plane or not. We turned on the radio and then we heard a second plane had crashed. She became more upset. We sat there. What was going on? Surely two 'accidents' couldn't just happen. Then came the military members began coming in needing things. They started talking about this is an 'act of war' I can't tell you how many times I heard that statement from active duty members that day.
It wasn't until the afternoon that my co worker had gotten in touch with her father. Turns out that her father was supposed to be on one of those planes (can't remember which) and he had car troubles. His car wouldn't start, so he missed his flight. As my co worker was telling me this I got the chills. All day I remember the news showing the events. I saw people jumping out of their windows. All eyes were glued on the news.
Where were you on September 11, 2001?
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Where Were You??
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment