Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It Would Only Happen To Me!

Get ready to laugh at my expense-I've been laughing about it since it happened....

It has rained off and on for an entire 24+ hours, so everything is wet. It is either raining, or misting. I dropped Dylan and Brooklyn off at school approx 8 am this morning. Evelyn, Joslyn and I ran to get a few groceries on base (anywhere on base one must show their ID before paying for anything) so I took my ID card out of my car's 'holder' (where I always, always keep my ID card) and bought my groceries, and went about the rest of the day.....

UNTIL

3:15 I had to go off base to get Dylan and Brooklyn from school. It was raining and when I pulled up to the front gate of Sheppard I realized I didn't have anything! No ID, no purse, no identification whatsoever! I pull up to the gate guard (usually there's someone who recognizes me and lets me in, esp with 4 small kids in the car, how much of a menace to society could I be, right?) and I explain I left everything at home and have no ID. He doesn't budge, he says I have to get someone to sponsor me on base. Oh, did I mention Don wasn't at work, and had his phone off?! Yup. So now I'm at my friends' mercy who have husbands who work on base. I call one, her husband'd gone-I get his voicemail. I call our neighbor's work my neighbor had just left for the day, so I call my last friend in hopes that her husband isn't flying (he's an instructor pilot) thankfully not only was he not flying, but he was on his way home! So my friend's husband comes to get me home, and because I have no ID I can't get a pass! So my friend has to jump in my car, drive us home so I can get my purse, and I then have to turn around and drive him back to his car so he can be on his way to see his family.

One hour later the kids and I walk in the door.

Too bad I can't just get an unlimited number of ID cards (one for every place I've ever left my ID card)

Everyone involved was laughing. Tomorrow when I see my friends at bible study I'm sure this story will come up, and even more of us will be laughing.

It was just one of those day.....

0 comments: