Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Don't Scratch!!


I wrote last week about taking Evelyn to a Dermatologist to see what is causing her skin to break out in these rashes. Our Ped has always said it is excema. Finally we were sent somewhere else, and the Dermatologist told us that what we're dealing with is an allergy.
I cannot tell you how many times a day I tell Evelyn not to scratch. I try and explain to her that scratching will make her 'boo boo' hurt, but if she pats them maybe the itching will stop if we pat instead of scratch. We have found NOTHING that will help ease the itchiness. So we wait until her appointment next month where she'll be tested.
Recently, Evelyn has discovered that her skin is 'ugly' I was shocked since we don't call her sores ugly. We are telling Evelyn that she is a very pretty girl and soon her boo boos will be gone (I pray that Evelyn's allergy test will give us 100% results, and that the Dr will know what treatment will help her)

So today we took pictures because she is just soooo pretty, don't you think??

0 comments: