The kids are beginning to see 'Christmas Toy Idea' commercials on TV. Normally we'll hear 'Oh, can I have that?' or 'I want that!' And we explain that either we'll go take a look at the store next time we go, we'll wait for their birthday, or sure, we'll see. Today as I was preparing for us to go to church tomorrow Dylan and Brooklyn saw a brochure for 'Operation Christmas Child' and they both exclaimed 'Can we buy Christmas presents for other boys and girls?' then Evelyn chimes in and asks where are the boys and girls. We sit our kids down and explain that we live in the USA and are very lucky that they are able to get toys, but other kids don't always get things so it's nice for us to share.
My kids got so excited about buying toys for other boys and girls so they won't be sad. Brooklyn asked, 'Wouldn't Jesus be proud of us for showing love the way Jesus loves us?'
I'm constantly reminded about our kids' child like faith, and my heart swells that they are giving, caring little people.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
So Proud!
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 7:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment