I can't put my finger on what brought this on.
I wish we could hit the fast forward button to Jan 2.
I'm so thankful for numerous things. My life, my health, my family, their health, I could go on and on and on. But why is it so hard to be without the ones I love and miss so much? I don't know when the next time we'll see them again will be.
My dad had heart surgery not even one week ago. That was a horrible, gut wrenching feeling not being there to hear the Dr come out and say 'everything went well' or to be with my mom while she sat alone in the waiting room. She sat alone, exactly how I feel right now.
BUT I believe that everything is in God's time and all things fall into His perfect plan.
As long as I've been married I've yearned for the Air Force to move us overseas, I never prayed about God to send us there, I just wanted to be there. Today, God showed me that HE knows what's best for me, not that I know everything that's best for me.
You see we're moving from Tx to Az in the spring. I'll be IN the United States, and not in another country. I won't be on the opposite side of the world from my loved ones. I won't be in a country where English is not the spoken language. If I'm struggling with being without my loved ones here in Tx, how will I handle being in a foreign country.
I take great comfort in knowing that I am placed where God wants me to be. I've gone from so sad, to so happy. So happy that God is all knowing. I'm so happy to be a part of God's perfect plan.
I'm thankful that I'm able to type this post and take this as a lesson learned, and grow from it.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I'm So Sad
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ok, I just spent the last hour (?) reading through your blog from the beginning too! :) I agree...no moving...too much to learn! :) Haha!
We were hoping to go overseas, but caught wind that we were going to be stationed stateside again. Then we found out we have another baby on the way, so I'm very thankful to be close enough to family to show him/her off whenever the time comes. I love your insight, Stephanie. There is such encouragement in hearing (or reading) the heart of another disciple of Christ. :)
Post a Comment