Friday, November 28, 2008

Allergies & Evelyn

It's been a while since I updated on Evelyn....

We've pulled her from soap for bath time. Instead of soap she gets to soak in Epson Salt. She seems to like it unless she has scratched herself raw, therefore it burns her. Her skin has cleared up, and we haven't seen her scratching nearly as much-this is terrific!

Until tonight.

After dinner, the kids asked for yogurt so I said ok. I gave Evelyn and Brooklyn some Dora Bananna flavored yogurt. It wasn't until after Evelyn ate her yogurt that I noticed she was breaking out in welts. I called for Don to come look, and he asked other then the eggplant I put in spaghetti what was different in our dinner. The yogurt! So Don and I pulled the lid off the yogurt and dabbed a little yogurt sporadically on her arms. Within seconds she began to welt up. I go to reach for Benedryl and find we have none! I run to walmart to get some while Don puts Evelyn in the bath hoping the warm bath will soothe the welts down.

So, until we can get in touch with her Ped and Allergist we've pulled her off milk, and milk products. For now, she will drink the milk Dylan uses (Rice Milk) It is our prayer (now) that Evelyn does not have an allergy to milk-def not a road we want to go down.

0 comments: