Monday, January 18, 2010

She Won The Race

I'm so heartbroken. I've tried writing on this blog for 2 days now, but words are escaping me on how, or what to write...

A dear, dear friend of mine from Wichita Falls died early Saturday morning....she was training to run a marathon in New Orleans at the end of Feb. She ran all the time, short (running for her was never short) and long distances in any and all weather. This Saturday, it was rainy, dark and foggy while on her way to meet up with her running group when Terri was hit by a car.

I can say so many things about Terri, and how she touched my life.

She was my friend

She was a sister in Christ

She was a leader

She was a mentor

She was a wife, and a mother.

Today, and in the days to come, I will be thinking, missing, and loving our friend Terri...She is a friend of many, loved by many and will be forever missed by many.

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

You did wonderfully in putting it down. You're doing great!

rgshrs said...

Prayers are with you my friend, with all of Terri's friends and especially her family.