So, I'm giving this a shot....it's called The Happiness Project (check out the website, if you're interested.....(www.happiness-project.com) I'm participating through another blog I follow (love, love, love reading her blog, because I feel like I could be/am feeling the same feelings as she is)
Things I LOVE about living in Tucson....
10. The Air Force swept us out of Tx to move to Az (notice that I started w/ the # 10, we did NOT want nor choose to move to Az)....guaranteed job for my husband, which means, I can continue to stay at home with the kiddos
9. The cost of living is low(er) than what it was in Tx...our housing allowance dropped almost $100 a month!
8. We have Dr's who are able to treat Evelyn's skin (Allergist/Immunologist as well as a Dermatologist)
7. The Winter Season is AMAZING! Low's in the 30's at night (which we're never out at night) and high's climb in to the 60-70's...love, love, love this! I dont mix well with cold weather, so that suits me perfectly!
6. Living in Tucson has given me an idea of what 'big city' life is. Having never lived in a big city before, I can now add Tucson to the list of places I've lived
5. The panoramic views of the mountains. I can look out any of my windows and see mountains (these mountains have nothing on Fla beaches) These mountains are so big, that while driving it really feels/looks like you can reach out and touch them
4. Our church. Our church family loves us, and our children. When the husband left to go to Fla 3 weeks before I was due to deliver our baby, our church gave us a Thanksgiving dinner, not knowing if I'd be able to cook Thanksgiving dinner or not. Then when we discovered our baby was sitting breech and transverse they prayed and prayed and prayed that baby would turn (and she did!) When we came home from having our baby, the church brought meals, meals and more meals for us to eat. It's been 1 month since we've had a baby and we're still eating dinners from our church.
3. Shortly after my husband going to work, he was given a promotion of sorts. While this new position causes him to put in crazy hours everday, and sometimes weekends, it is good for him as far as expierence goes.
2. The friends we've made since moving here. These friends we've made, I know if and when the time comes that we, or I need to call on them, they will do whatever they can for us.
1. Our family is together. Though the Air Force will always have a say in where, when and for how long my husband will be away-we are here together, happy and healthy.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
The Happiness Project....Part I
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love your list Stephanie! Thanks for participating. :)
If you ever need a quick pick me up...I have a 8 minutes to happiness deal I used to teach.
Visiting from MM.....
My sister lives in Tucson and I have been several times to visit- I really, really like it!
AWESOME.
And I LOVE your new background too! :)
Post a Comment