Monday, August 31, 2009

Time For An Update

As I sit here, in a quiet home, enjoying the quietness of my home, I thought no better time to update then now, my brain can flow without any interruptions....

I *think* we may have found our church home. It has been a LONG 5 1/2 months of searching. I didn't think we were asking too much in our church home....we'd like Contemporary Worship, and our kids wanted their AWANNA program. Each and every church we tried, something, not sure what, but something was missing. So, our search continued. As school got closer and closer, I began to make phone calls to churches asking about their AWANNA program, even though we aren't (yet) church members. I was NEVER prepared to hear the words out of these church representatives' mouths.....there are waiting lists to get kids in to their children's ministry programs! Seriously?! So, as sad as it was, I felt like God was closing doors to churches we were considering going back to....until, this past Sunday night. Our kids have been asking (more like begging) to go back to Tx so they could be in their old AWANNA classes, with their friends, at their old school, etc.....So we loaded up and went to Sun night church, registered our kids for their AWANNA classes. Little did we know that registering the kids put them in to a drawing for a brand new bike (not that any of the kids needed/needs, or even wanted a new bike) Since Sun was more of a registration, none of the kids went to their class, (this will happen next week) so we went to service where the kids remembered songs, smiled, clapped and enjoyed big church. The kids were happy to be in AWANNA again, and I was happy to see that the church offers adult bible study (4 different studies to be exact) while the kids are in AWANNA, no need for us to leave the church! So, we all left church that night all winners, we all got what we had been waiting for, praying for, hoping for...and Dylan won the bike give away! After so many months of searching, I believe this is a testament to how faithful God is to our prayers, and possible testing to see how faithful we are to move in HIS time.

Dylan also asked to get involved in Boy Scouts. Since Don and I never were apart of boy or girl scout this is all new to us. I spent some time looking up what boy scouts do, their history etc so we decided to go and check it out! Dylan was sold from the get go, and was so eager to catch up since he's a year behind. We worked on his cub scout promise, motto, pledge, color and a few other things for him to recite at his first meeting....the look of achievment on his face when he was awarded his badge was PRICELESS! He was able to earn his first patch and get his WOLF book, and he cannot keep his hands off this book. He wants to do, read, memorize everything that is in this book. He's excited, and we're excited he's found something he enjoys, and will excell at.

Since the talk of boy scouts has been going on, Brooklyn has decided she too wants to do girl scouts. We looked into it for her, and Brooklyn will start out as a Daisy. She's registered and ready, but we're waiting to find out where and when her group will meet.

Evelyn is doing well. She can't wait to be 4, not sure why she's so excited about 4, but she says 1 more month until I'll be 4! Evelyn has recently discovered Hello Kitty, even though Evelyn calls this kitty 'hello kelly' Evelyn is so excited to finally be able to be in AWANNA with Dylan and Brooklyn. Evelyn has watched Dylan and Brooklyn do AWANNA for years, and finally (due to her late birthday) is able to be in a class of her own.

Joslyn is doing well. Talking up a storm! Girls still loves her baby dolls. She loves to play lil mommy to her dolls, recently she started giving her babies water to drink (from her sippy cups) we haven't moved on to naming her babies yet, they're all still 'baby'

Don is continuing to do well at his job and work.

I'll be 27 weeks pregnant this week. Baby girl is still not named, and is very active, so a healthy, active lil girl will be joining our family in about 3 months or so.

So, I guess that's the update. Will take pictures and load those soon to share

1 comments:

Cyndy said...

eventually things fall into place, tho the wait is hard...darn near impossible sometimes!