I tried this recipe off a blog I follow and this has become a new Hettinger Family Favorite! I tried this at first exactly how the directions said, but me being the meat lover that I am, I had to try it with some ground beef/turkey and it too turned our really well! Here's the recipe in base anyone wants to try it:
16 oz ziti, uncooked
8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk
3 cups (about 28 oz jar) spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup water
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
In large bowl, stir together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add spaghetti sauce, water, and spinach. Stir well. Mix with pasta.
Place pasta mixture in 13×9-inch baking dish, cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts
I always get some Italian bread, make a salad and toss together a fruit salad to complete our dinner. Best of all, our kids don't even ask what's in it, they can't get it down fast enough!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Bakes Ziti Florentine Recipe
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YUMMO! This may have to make its way onto my meal calendar. Sounds delish!!
Yep I think even I could cook that! sounds good!! thanks for the recipe, keep 'em coming girl you know what a lousy cook I am, poor girls will have to be eating my food for the next 8 months! yikes!!
Post a Comment