We've spent the past 5 1/2 years in Wichita Falls. In that time we have met wonderful (and wonderful isn't even the best word I can use to describe the people we've met here!) people who are our life long friends.
We've spent the last few weeks getting together and saying goodbye to different friends. Up until now, it has been exciting knowing we are facing a move. Now, that excitement has turned to bittersweet emotions...for all of us. Dylan & Brooklyn's last day of school was this past Friday, they cried leaving their friends, teachers and school. Later that night, we took our kids to church for our last Parents' Night Out. A friend asked Dylan 'Are you excited about moving on Monday?' and he replied, 'No, I don't want to go. Everyone I love is here. I won't have my friends, church or school.' Jennifer replied to Dylan about how the church staff has been praying for our move, and us. It brought tears to my eyes listening to Dylan's conversation with Jennifer. He did end up feeling better about the move, and now is back to being excited about moving.
Lastnight we met up with our closest friends to say our final goodbyes. I think we all put it off. Up until the last minute we wouldn't say it, and when it was finally time (8pm Sunday night) we had to give our hugs, and our tears began to flow.
To our friends: We love you so much, and we'll see you again!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Goodbye Wichita Falls!
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 6:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
My goodness, that made me CRY! I miss you so much and I love you dearly! I pray your move to AZ is just was wonderful as TX was for you! I thank God for sending me to TX for if not another reason but to have had the pleasure to have met YOU!
Post a Comment