Things have been crazy here. We moved out of our home, and into a military hotel. We had our home packed and loaded onto the moving truck. All the while, our oldest two kids are still in school, and the younger two kids have gone between different friends' homes for playdates.
This past Friday night (Feb 27) things were just crazy! The kids were tired from school, Don and I were exhausted from the move the day before etc I didn't want to cook, we were all hungry and we needed to make a run to the store. I threw the idea of going out to have a nice dinner (which we hardly ever due) so we went. While driving to The Olive Garden we talked to the kids about how other people go to dinner to enjoy a nice, quiet dinner, so we had to remember our inside voices, manners etc
We get seated, and order our food. Being a Friday night, and at 6pm it took a bit before we got our food. We enjoyed our dinner and left soon after. Upon leaving, an older couple who were sitting at the next table over from us stopped me, and said 'We want to tell you what a great job you and your husband are doing' I looked at the couple kind of surprised. They went on to say that they've rarely had a dinner next to 4 small kids and expeirenced kids being respectful, and quiet. Kudos to you (Don and I) for teaching your kids well!'
This couple's compliment about our kids gave me that 'job well done' feeling. Whatever is it that Don and I are doing, we're doing it right, and our kids 'get it' and it's obvious to the people around us.
Thanks kids for a great night, we love you more then you'll ever know! We are super proud of you!!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
I'm SO Proud Of My Children!!
Posted by Hettinger Happenings at 2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Doesn't that just make your night?? Love that feeling and you should enjoy it more often, you are doing a FABULOUS JOB with the munchkins!!:)
Since being in TLf for 2 weeks (tomorrow) we have gone out to eat 3 times and each time we've been complimented on how well behaved our kids are! Each time I was so surprised by their comment!!
Post a Comment