We left Wichita Falls and we struggled to get out of Tx. Brooklyn immediately got sick and continued to get sick roughly every 15 mins, which meant calling Don on the walkie talkie and saying 'she's gonna blow, pull over fast!' Poor girl just didn't feel well. We stopped for the night in Roswell, NM and the kids LOVED seeing all the UFO stuff. We stopped and had breakfast at a McDonald's that was decked out with UFO or spaceship playground equipment.
We got to Tucson and checked in to the base. No rooms available at the base hotel meant we had to find a hotel downtown. We lucked out and found a room at a Marriott which was nice. The next day we checked in to base housing and again, no luck so we started our search for our home. We found our home about 7 miles from the base, very nice, and quiet area. We met our neighbor who used to be Active Duty and he was nice enough to lend us a spare queen size bed until our things were delivered.
Our household goods were delivered yesterday and it was like Christmas for our kids! They were so excited to see their stuffed animals, toys or games. Thankfully they were entertaining themselves so Don and I could work on unpacking the many, many boxes throughout our home.
Don goes to work on Friday, and life will start to go back to normal.
Dylan & Brooklyn are still not in school. Our school district has a year long school calendar and when we got here our school district was on a 2 week Spring Break. I like the idea of year long school, with several breaks throughout the year. The kids are excited about starting back up to a new school.
3 comments:
Glad to hear that things are coming together, your pics look great! At least you have some scenery, if I can't have beach, give me mountains!!;) Hope you love it there and settle in soon! Best wishes, thinking of you!!
Beautiful pics! I SOOO miss the mountains! I grew up in Northern New Mexico (southern end of the Rockies), so finding the beauty in flatness takes some work for me...but I'm getting better at it. I also like the cold! Actually...I like seasons in general. No ultra-hot for me, so we're happy to say goodbye to TX summers. AZ might be rough in that area for us... :)
Thanks for all your sweet comments...they always make my day. :)
Doug got sick when we drove from Nellis to Wichita Falls. It sucked. We dropped him at the hotel room in Flagstaff I think and the kids and I went and found a park while poor Doug suffered. Made for a long trip.
Post a Comment