Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lord, Blessed Be Your Name!

I've had an amazingly hard day today. I didn't think this day would come to an end, ever. Draining is the only word I can use to describe it. I tried all day to listen to praise & worship music, but none I listened to comforted me. Finally, through a friend, the song Blessed Be Your Name, by Matt Redman was the song that finally, brought me comfort-though no answers. Answers to questions I know I'll never get the answers to this side of heaven....

Back in Wichita Falls, a dear church friend of ours was 24 weeks pregnant and battling high blood pressure. She was sent from Wichita Falls to Ft Worth to a hospital that could take better care of her and her unborn son. Today, I receive word that she's in emergency surgery to deliver her baby. Barely 24 weeks, and at this little age, if his organs aren't working properly the Dr's/nurses won't 'tube him' or help him breath. I got on bended knew and prayed for my friend, and this little baby. Baby was born 3:15, weighing in at 1.3 lbs, 12 inches long, but crying. Prasie God for life! Please pray for our friend and they tiny baby boy....

Shortly after that, I again receive word from Wichita Falls that another friend from church, whom has been battling cancer is now in the care of Hospice. The human side of me says 'not fair!! She's got 3 kids, she's got a husband, no, not terminal! I hate cancer!' Then I think of the pain she's been in this long, and while I'd never wish anyone to suffer, I know that when Christ calls her home, her suffering will end....

Then the lyrics to the song came on, all I could hear at that moment was " on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, Lord Blessed be your name"

I was moved to pray for peace for both families on my mind...

Blessed Be Your Name by: Matt Redman

In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name, Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name

When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name

On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say Lord,
blessed be Your name

1 comments:

rgshrs said...

Oh what an emotional day for sure! prayers going up for both your friends and that precious, TINY, baby boy that praise God had enough strength in his lungs to be able cry today!
Our God is an awesome God and even the turmoil that surrounds it's so important to remember that and to search Him out as you did.
Hang in there hon, tomorrow is a new day, may He bless you and keep you through the night.

Hugs!