Monday, July 6, 2009

When All Else Fails....SEW!




It's been pretty darn hot here the past few days. We wake up, and its already close to 90 out, and once you're hot, you're hot and just want to stay indoors and keep cool. We've been keeping busy playing games, reading books, blowing bubbles, playing dress up, and all sorts of crazy things....but once the kids are down either napping, or sleeping for the night it's my time to sew!

I'm not quite sure what it is about sewing that I enjoy so much-maybe everything. I like to use my brain for other things then 'mommy, household, or kids' I believe it lets me believe I'm still sharp :) I love to put two different fabrics together and see what comes together. I enjoy making things with my hands, vs paying someone to do what I can, and do enjoy making myself.

Here are the latest totes/mini bags I've made from scrap material. A few will be sent off to friends who like them, my girls will probably get a few (one each) and possibly, I may send them off to the hospital/nursing home to let someone there know they are thought of.

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

Love what you do, do what you love.

rgshrs said...

The girls love their bags, hope you don't mind, I linked to you from our blog to show off your work! ;) Check out the pics, getting ready to put them on FB before hitting the sack. Thanks again!!