Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Keeping Busy By Sewing!




Since our PCS in March I haven't had the chance to unpack my sewing machine. Going on 4 months without my machine I decided I NEEDED to get it back out.

Just this weekend, I knocked out a baby gift set for a friend who lives in Ks (thanks to the Air Force) Her gift set includes a diaper bag, baby blanket, nursing cover (aka hooter hider, or boobie bib) 2 burp cloths and since her new baby will have older sisters and brother I made their girls their own tote/purse and brother a super hero cape!

Another friend back in Tx is having a girl, so I've found myself wanting to run to the fabric store to make this friend something too. Since she has 5 older kids I may make something small for each of them, but can't guarantee anything :)

Lastly, Don has an Airman whose wife just delivered their first child, a boy. Being away from home, and being a first time parent I wanted to show them we are here for them, if they ever need us. So, I was happy to make Carson (the baby) a diaper bag and matching baby blanket.

With so many of our friends near and far who are now expecting I think I'll be able to keep busy making baby gifts. Since it's gotten so hot here in Az, I think my next step will be to make my girls summer dresses!
It feels so good to create, and work using my brain and hands again!

1 comments:

rgshrs said...

LOVE the totes!! Those are adorable!! So glad you are getting your "fix" and getting to be creative. I know how you feel, my fingers are itching for a paintbrush but I have no space yet to be able to go paint without little fingers too, hopefully after school starts!:)