Friday, November 13, 2009

Where Should I Begin??








Let's start out with some pictures!
Dylan and Brooklyn went on a 'mock' deployment outing offered by the base. Basically what it did was gave the kids an idea of what it's like to go someplace 'away' and see/do what the military does when they're not at home. The kids were issued dogtags, backpacks, uniforms (t shirts) was 'medically' cleared for deployment (given pens that had red ink that looked like a syringe of blood) and were put on a bus where they headed to Lightening City. There the kids toured a C130 (plane Don works on) a helicopter, a humvee, watched a K9 show just to start. There was an obstacle course, Star Wars characters, entomolgy was there with their 'pests'. From start to finish the kids were gone 3+ hours, and from what Don says, the kids loved every minute of it.
While waiting for Dylan and Brooklyn to come home from their 'deployment' Joslyn decided she wasn't well accessorized for their homecoming. She decided she had to have sunglasses and a cell phone...you know, just in case anyone called. She was too cute, I had to take a picture of her. such a sassy little girl we have on our hands!
Well, Joslyn is too young to have picked out her outfit for Halloween, so while at Toys R Us I found the Imaginarium section had a buy 1, get 1 half off sale....so we got 2 costumes for $17...best of all, the kids have new dress up outfits AND toys to play with. Evelyn was a nurse, and Joslyn was a Chef. Unfortunately, Dylan and Brooklyn had a very rough week leading up to Halloween (fighting, mis behaving at school, home etc) and lost Halloween. You read that right, we took trick or treating from them. We debated on whether or not to give Halloween back to them that night, but decided the punishment would stick more that they had to walk around and not participate then just being talked to. They'll still tell you, it was not fun walking around and just watching...they are enjoying the candy that is being shared, but both will say that it is not fun to miss Halloween, and they don't want to miss it again.
I can't remember when I last posted...guess I can say we've been busy??

Dylan wrapped up his Cub Scouts Popcorn selling season. He did very well. In combination of selling at the BX/Shoppette on 3 different occassions, for 2 hour shifts each time, he also sold to family and friends. He enjoyed selling and representing his Cub Scouts Pack, best of all, he loved, loved, loved putting on his uniform! When all was said and done, Dylan sold enough product to earn a level 5 prize (some type of camping bag that had a cantene for water, binoculars, swiss army knife (yes that will be kept out of his reach) and a few other things) and a coupon of sorts to pie one of his Cub Scout leaders in the face.

Brooklyn is love, love, loving being a Daisy Girl Scout. She's found friends and just loves to be girly and do all the girly things Daisies offers. While I'm a co-leader I haven't really done anything other then sit during her meetings. Brooklyn too loves to put on her Daisy outfit, she can't ever wait the 7 days between meetings, but come Monday nights she knows, after dinner, it's off to Daisies!
Evelyn is enjoying life with all the craziness that comes with being a part of our family. If we're not headed to something for Dylan, or Brooklyn, we're headed up to eat lunch with Daddy at work, or the park, the library-really anywhere but home. Thursdays are our days to not go anywhere and stay in our pajamas ALL day long. I'm not sure who enjoys the lazy Thursdays more, myself or Evelyn. She loves her pajamas about as much as I do.

Joslyn, oh crazy, crazy Joslyn. We knew it was bound to come, we were prepared for it to come AFTER baby #5 came, but we're finding ourselves dealing with Joslyn wanting to be a baby NOW. Joslyn has found that she wants to sit in a baby seat, with a blanket and either suck her thumb, or suck on a pacifier (that was left by a friend's baby) While I don't think we're starting a new habit with the paci, it's quite funny to see her suck on this thing, and look at it, like ' huh, my thumb brings so much more comfort then this thing!' We'll ask her, 'Jo, are you a baby?' and she'll reply 'uh huh'. She's still crazy about babies, carries them around, wants to swaddle them and love them...we're hoping this affection continues once baby #5 comes around.

Don is doing well. His new position requires alot of hours at work. Last week, he worked a couple of 14+ hour days, which required me taking him breakfast, lunch and dinner up to him. while I didn't mind, the kids LOVED going to daddy's work and sitting in his office. The kids thought it was so neat we could close the door and be as loud as we wanted without bothering anyone (this was after 8pm when everyone had either left for the day, or was out on the flightline working) Don won't say that he hates his new position, but that he knows it's a stepping stone in order to continue to make rank and further his career. Don will be TDY (temporarily working in Fla for the next 7 days) he's excited to get away from Az (and his daily job) and go back to where his career first started. While there, they're staying at the Ramada (yes, on the beach, lucky guy!) visiting my parents, eating at (his favorite) McGuire's Irish Pub and Buffalo's Reef, all paid for by our wonderful Air Force...it'd be even more wonderful if we (the kids and I) were allowed to head back to Fla...but since the kids are in school, and I'm creeping up on 38 weeks pregnant, we know this trip was not in our time.

Speaking of me, you read right, I'm creeping up on 38 weeks pregnant. My last apmt we discovered that baby girl has decided she no longer wanted to be head down and 'ready to go' but that she's more comfortable in the transverse position....head to the right, legs to the left of my belly. When the Dr informed me of her position, I asked her 'what do I feel in my ribs and below my belly?' and the Dr replied with 'must be her arms, because its not her legs or head jabbing you in the ribs or below the belt' *Sigh* what does this mean? Well, originally, we were going to try and move baby, but developments happened with our insurance (they deemed the procedure not medically necessary) therefore they wouldn't cover the procedure (and no, I'm not going to pay for it!) Don and I weighed the risks, and if we were to try this procedure, and something happened and I'd be rushed in to emergency surgery, I do not have anyone to appoint as power of attorney, should the need arise (remember, Don is in Fla) so, between all the developments, we have opted to NOT try the inversion and just wait out Don's TDY and hope that baby will turn on her own...if not, sometime after Thurs, Nov 19 we will have a date for a scheduled C section. While not ideal, this plan works best for us, and keeps everyone's health and safety first. Don basically has the entire month of Dec off anyway, so I'll have plenty of help between Don and the older kiddos (Joslyn will want to help, but will probably be more content cuddling with her daddy) since she's made it known she doesn't like when anyone other then her gets a little of Don's attention.
So, that is the update along with pictures.
We'll keep you posted on when baby Hettinger, who as of right now, is still not named...we have a couple in mind, just haven't sat down to hammer it out to a positive decision...no worries, she'll be named before we bring her home, promise!
















2 comments:

rgshrs said...

Wow girl! You have a lot going on! Keeping you in prayer for a safe delivery of baby girl Hettinger!

Kudos to you for sticking to the punishment, that couldn't have been easy but better not to say it and then go back on it. J missed out on the Gulfairium this summer for the same reasons. Not fun at all:(

Hopefully next year the kiddos will remember that and get to have fun!!;)

thinking of you!!

Val said...

How exciting.. a new baby girl. I can't wait to see her and hear her name. This is my first visit with you.