Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Today is Inauguration Day. It’s an exciting and historic time in America!

For as much as George W. Bush has been criticized during his presidency, I can sum up my feelings about him in one word: SAFE. Under his presidency, I felt safe in America. Whether reality or a false sense of security, I never once feared that September 11th would be repeated under his watch. And for that, I’m thankful and owe him my respect.

Regardless of where you stand politically, and out of respect for both the old and the new, I encourage you to say something positive about both of these men.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Amen, and amen. Thank you for your sweet and encouraging comment on my post. The balance between godly submission and righteous anger is a tough one for me! I was writing as much to myself as anyone else. :)
So, what's the word on your moving date? Did it get moved up after all, or are you still set for March?

heather said...

I love this post. I agree with you wholeheartedly and will be praying for our new president. I might not agree with everything but the Bible tells us to pray for those in leadership. Thank you for those encouraging words. Have a blessed day!